Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thanks

I can honestly say that I had no idea how many people had come through our doors since the fall of 2005 when we first opened Agee's Gym. But as I cleaned out old files today, I came across hundreds of names that I had forgotten. We have recently moved to a new location and are getting the 'kinks' worked out. But if I wasn't spending 12 hours a day at the Gym, I wouldn't have cleaned out those files. And I wouldn't have seen all the names of those I remembered, those I had forgotten, those who have passed, and even those I do not recollect. And even though we have lost the 'old' Agee's Gym and are having trouble getting the security system going, I wanted to take a few minutes to say 'thanks' to everyone. Not just to those of you who helped during the move (but, again, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!), but to each and every one of you who have been a part of my dream. The elderly lady who came in to build strength to save her job. The 70 year old man who began to look like a 30 year old athlete, and, of course, the ones who knew we had the fountain of youth at our disposal. Those nursing mending hearts, and broken hearts. Those looking for a warm, dry or cool place to walk and talk. All the parents of the many kids that I have had the pleasure of working with - that began with a special young man whose mother was afraid he would hurt himself training at home alone. To my friends, family members, neighbors, former students and players, in-laws, and out-laws. Those who needed an extra little push, those who were there for an hour, those who have stuck with us for years, and everyone in between. The cardio bunnies, the meatheads, the gym rats, those who loved it, those who hated it, those who lived and breathed and tasted it, those who wasted it, and those who tried. The ones I was glad to see come in, the ones that I was glad to see leave. All of you who have made it possible to keep the Gym going for the past seven years. And a special thanks to those who came to improve and worked until they did. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment